Parents: If your child has submitted an article for the contest please be sure to complete the Permission to Publish link TODAY.
Teachers: Please submit your Class Projects by Friday, March 6, 2015 using this LINK.
Welcome to the New Jersey Scoop Research and Writing Program!
Since 2006, over 70,000 students have written articles for their chance to be published in The NJ Scoop: The Voice of the 4th Grade, a publication comprised writing on topics relating to NJ people, places, history, and happenings. In this program, students choose one editorial area: Arts & Entertainment, Business, People in the News, Sports & Games, Science & Environment, Travel & Tourism, or Health & Wellness; then a more focused topic (i.e. John Travolta, Old Barracks, or the NJ Blueberry), and write a 150-250 word article. The “Best of the Best” are selected by volunteer judges for this keepsake publication. Teachers may also submit a New Jersey focused class project.
- Step by Step Instructions for Students
- Resources and Links to helpful web sites for research
- A Welcome Kit with letters to parents and incentives for students
- A Parents page with a list of Activities to Reinforce Learning
- Community Events to celebrate the students’ efforts
- An end of the year publication with winning student articles
- Publication in Regional Newspapers showcasing the work of local students
To register you need a Celebrate NJ account!
If you already have an account please sign in.
If you would like to create an account please click on the following link.
If you would like directions on how to create an account and register your classes please click here.